Monday, February 23, 2009

Me & You

Our first day of kindergarten, I believe. Julie on the left, in blue, Stacy on the right, usually in red. Mom made these dresses. The little sidewalk, tree and driveway are no longer there.

Julie wrote this for our birthday in 2006.

Peering into the pictures of our past
I see all the things that did not last.

The little dresses Mom made us
The birthdays and once treasured presents in old photographs…those we all outgrew.

Thinking of how it is now and the way we were:
No, the memories aren’t all bliss--
Through it all I know I’ve been lucky to have you for my sis.

As we grew, our time together
was precious
Surely, it was more than we hardly knew!

Sometimes things and times we left behind do come to mind.
Now I like to think it wasn’t these things we just outgrew--

Instead, they became part of the story of me & you.


Love, Julie
December 2006

I printed it & framed a copy for each of us & Mom.

I was never very happy with mine hanging in the hallway so after seeing Julie's on a plate stand, I put mine in the living room on one too, by my other "black stuff"-a mirror & two other frames.

No comments:

Post a Comment